This course is intended for dental hygienists who are looking to enhance their ability to treat patients with periodontitis with better patient outcomes. Over the past few years we have seen significant developments in instruments, ultrasonic tips and technology in lasers. All which have changed the way we practice hygiene today. Learn how to implement a patient centered periodontal program that incorporates the newest protocols, adjunctive therapies and scientific findings on oral systemic link to treat periodontal disease.
- Review the *NEW Classification System of Periodontal and Peri-Implant Diseases and Conditions (AAP 2017)
- Evaluate new instrument designs that can enhance your practice
- Discover the role of adjunctive therapies for better patient outcomes
- Hands on learning application of locally applied antibiotics (Atridox), silver diamine fluoride and bacterial DNA testing
- Correctly assess and accurately detect periodontal disease with confidence
- Biofilm debridement vs. Calculus Removal
- Rationale for root debridement, what are the latest concepts?
- How to build your team’s confidence and comfort level when transitioning existing patients to ongoing periodontal care
- Total Health Beyond the Mouth-how to talk to our patients about the importance of oral systemic link to increase case acceptance
Burlington, ON-April 4th, 2020 9-4pm RDHU 980 Fraser Drive, Suite 214
Hosted by RDHU-Register online at rdhu.ca Click here to Register
Fee: Early Bird Price $249+ tax per person/Includes Lunch
Advanced Periodontal Therapy and InstrumentationSale!
Available for private group lectures to suit.